It is thought that Hemp Seed plants (botanical name: Cannabis Sativa L. ) were originally cultivated in the region that is now known as modern day Taiwan several thousand years ago. It is thought Hemp Seeds were first pressed into oil by the ancient Chinese. The discovery of the medicinal benefits of the Hemp plant is not a modern discovery as some might think.
Hemp Seed Oil has the natural ability to moisturise and condition your skin. The essential fatty acid profile (EFA) resembles our skins “lipids” or fats. Hemp Seed Oils natural ability allows it to treat dehydrated skin to reverse the effects of oil loss that causes dry skin.
Hemp Seed Oil contains many essential fatty acids. The acids most similar to our skin’s lipids are Omega 3, Omega 6 and Omega 9.
- Omega 3 – has great anti-inflammatory benefits that can therapeutically heal skin conditions.
- Omega 6 – is essential for healthy, well-functioning skin. It may also assists dehydrated and dry skin
- Omega 9 – promotes healthy inflammation responses. This is similar to the oil produced in our skin glands
Hemp Seed oil naturally contains Vitamin A, Vitamin E and contains unique anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties to help counteract the skins ageing processes.
Hemp Seed Oil mimics our natural sebum regulation, balancing and hydrating your skin. If you suffer from acne Hemp Oil can effectively moisturise your skin without clogging pores or leaving a heavy, oily residue on your skin.
Hemp Seed Oil is often called “Natures most Perfectly Balanced Oil”
It is often called a perfectly balanced oil because Hemp Seed Oil contains all of the 21 known amino acids, it offers a perfectly balanced 3:1 ratio of Omega 6 (Linoleic) to Omega 3 (alpha-Linolenic) essential fatty acids, determined to be the optimum requirement for a healthy skin.
Hemp Seed Oil is rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids, gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), oleic acid and stearidonic acid – which help reduce the symptoms of atopic dermatitis and other skin conditions.
Hemp Seed Oil provides an adequate supply of antioxidants (Vitamin E), carotene (precursor to Vitamin A), phytosterols, phospholipids and a number of minerals including calcium, magnesium, sulphur, potassium, phosphorus, along with modest amounts of iron and zinc.
The “Journal of Dermatological Treatment” published a study in 2005, claiming Hemp Seed Oil helps alleviate dermatitis, and inflammation of the skin. This is due to the balance of Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids. During the study, the symptoms of skin dryness and itching significantly improved in dermatitis sufferers after using hemp seed oil for twenty weeks.
Some benefits of using Hemp Seed Oil on your Skin:
- Hemp Seed Oil may treat skin inflammation and reduce the appearance of ageing or inflamed skin
- It’s perfect for nearly all skin conditions including dry skin, acne, and mild forms of both eczema and dermatitis.
- It can soothe dry, cracked and ageing skin
- Non comedogenic (will not cause blocked pores), easily penetrating and highly emollient
- Contains all 21 amino acids and one of the highest Omega 6 and 3 essential (not naturally produced by our body) fatty acids which are key components for maintaining healthy skin
- The Linoleic (62% composition) and alpa-Linolenic acids deliver potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties for treatment of acne, dermatitis and other skin inflammatory conditions etc
- Studies indicate that hemp seed oil can dramatically decrease skin dryness to alleviate itching and irritation
- Helps to improve water resistance by protective the skin from reverse osmosis effects of water which causes skin to lose its nutrients
- Has anti-aging effects on skin by improving the composition of epidural lipids (fats in the outermost skin layer) and improve the overall functioning of skin
Note: The plants used for the extraction of Hemp Seed Oil are specifically cultivated to have very little or no Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). In Australia the THC level must be below 0.05% by law. The Hemp Seed Oil being used in the market for skin care products has NO Psychoactive properties.